Quotes on Life

Like most everyone, I was very sad when I heard that Paul Walker died at the age of 40. Not only is this a young age to die, but Paul Walker is known in Hollywood as one of the "good guys." He did not buy into the fame game that many other actors do in the industry. Once he had starred in enough movies to have a comfortable living, he invested his time into making his life as fulfilling and enjoyable for himself as possible. Not only that, but he died in a way that can happen to anyone. Usually younger actors die from indulgences in narcotics that lead to an overdose. Paul Walker dying in a car crash makes him more human and personable than the multitude of stars that have died from alcohol, drugs, or prescription medication.
Some people say that you should go to all the parties, to the nightclubs, the Viper Room, and make contacts, and I look at them and say, 'You don't want to have contacts with those people.' Look at what happened to River Phoenix. If you get caught up in that, it ruins you. Hollywood is garbage. - Paul Walker 
Whenever anyone young in Hollywood, or in our personal lives, dies, it makes us rethink our humanity. How life is short and beautiful and all of those deep thoughts that everyone likes to talk about for a week before turning back to the latest celebrity reality star's drama.

I could use this opportunity to explore the deep meaning of death and what that means for life. But that topic is immensely depressing. Instead, I am going to post quotes from those who have died. These people were famous and had the opportunity to make the most out of their life. What they say about living are valuable thoughts because of what they went through and all the opportunities they had to live life to the fullest. 
I'm a Christian now. The things that drove me crazy growing up was how everyone works at fault-finding with different religions. The people I don't understand are atheists. I go surfing and snow boarding and I'm always around nature. I look at everything and think, 'Who couldn't believe there's a God? Is all this a mistake?' It just blows me away. - Paul Walker
The ups and downs, the problems and stress, along with all the happiness, have given me optimism and hope because I am living proof of survival. - Elizabeth Taylor
Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die, young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know yourself... - Marilyn Monroe 
I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't have a day planner and I don't have a diary. I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future. - Heath Ledger 
For me, the only things of interest are those linked to the heart. - Audrey Hepburn 
Doing nothing is very hard to do . . . you never know when you're finished. - Leslie Nielsen 
Our life is made by the death of others. - Leonardo DaVinci 
Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory. - Susan B. Anthony 
 I don't regret a thing I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do. - Ingrid Bergman
It's much easier to make people cry than to make them laugh. - Vivien Leigh
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - Bruce Lee 
I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. - Anne Frank 

0 comments:

Post a Comment